New Roofing & Repairs in Reading
All Platinum Roofing & Building Ltd new roof builds involve the following stages:
(Note: this example assumes a rubber-cover finish, but similar principles apply to all our works.)
- Firstly, we dismantle and dispose of the existing roof covering
- Then we inspect the supporting structure. All timber supporting structures are replaced or repaired as necessary using high quality timbers to the correct dimensions. Any metal or brick supports, such as brackets or supporting ledges, are inspected and replaced or repaired as necessary to ensure the new roof is secure.
- All timber battens, which support the roof covering, are replaced with high quality heat-treated timber battens. The heat treatment means they will not shrink, so ensure a durable, long-lasting structure on which the actual roof covering rests.
- We only use breathable felt under-layers. These breathable felts keep your home cooler in the summer and reduce condensation in the winter months.
- We then install the roof covering of your choice
- Rubber-Cover: for flat roofs, see our flat roofs page
- Tile and Slate: for pitched and sloping roofs
- Fibreglass: for flat roofs, see our ‘Fibreglass’ page
Reading ROOF REPAIRS
Whatever your existing roof covering, we undertake repairs on all types of roof surfaces.
For example we can:
- Patch or replace sections of rubber-cover.
- Find and replace any cracked or broken tiles or slates that might be causing a leak, and will match the existing colour scheme.
- Undertake repairs to fibreglass roofs.
- Repair or replace any lead-work, such as chimney flashing or water run-offs, that might have come loose and be causing a leak.
- Repair guttering, eves and valleys – any and all roof repairs.
Call us today to arrange a site visit to discuss your requirements.